Creative Edge Software iC3D 5.0.0 Suite | 393.0 mb
Creative Edge Software, developer of the award-winning iC3D packaging design software, announces its next major release. Five significant new features expand the usability and flexibility of iC3D for package designers who are looking for the high-end capabilities that are conventionally available only from specialist 3D design software.
The development of the version 5.0 comes in response to customer requests since the launch of iC3D v4.0 photorealism at drupa last year, particularly relating to shape modelling and realism.
The five key features of the new iC3D versions 5.0 are:
- Point Editor - advanced shape editing tool providing enhanced photorealism through the ability to add curves, creases, crumples and dents to models selectively
- UVW Editor - enables selective manipulation of artwork placed on 3D models to correct artwork distortion, improve naturalism and allow artistic interpretation
- Physics Simulator - automatically calculates appropriate curves, creases and distortions to create photorealistic 3D flexible packages, such as bags and pouches, at a mouse-click
- Sealed Shrink - for visualizing shrink-filled packages using completely sealed bags. Complements the existing iC3D Shrink Sleeve feature.
- Advanced Shape Modeller - additional tools for the creation of highly complex 3D shapes and combinations of shapes
Using features such as Point Editor and UVW Editor, iC3D v5.0 provides the ability to select points on a 3D model, edit shapes, distortions and surface effects, visually adjusting artwork to improve the real-life appearance of a label or package design. This could involve adding aspects of randomization or imperfection, such as creases, crinkles and indentations.
As well as these features for selective editing, version 5.0 includes automatic processes. Physics Simulator is similar to technology used in the gaming and film industries. In iC3D v5.0 it automatically recreates the behavior of a flexible package in different situations, such as sag, bulge and drape dynamics. Sealed Shrink has been developed to mock-up shrink-filled bags such as those commonly used for pre-packed perishables - for example, cheese, fish and meat portions.
version 5.0.0 - 04-10-2017
- Full 3D Point Editor equivalent to 3DS Max in many of it feature set.
- Added UVW Editor
- Sealed Shrink Bags ( Plastic bags sealed at both ends with contents and shrink option )
- Physics engine for bag crumpling and wrapping ( e.g. sweets and chocolate wrappers )
- Added 3D shapes and Shape Editor to Shape Modeller
- Added new Spritzing materials
- Redesign of Hi-Res Export settings, including pixel calculator
- Added Save and Load of settings to Hi-Res Export
- Added tooltips with job info to Render Manager
- Added retention of quality settings when saving and loading files
- Added 'Document Camera Settings' to Camera Pre-sets in camera window as an easy way to return to the camera position saved in the document.
- Added Primitive generation, Cube, Sphere, Cylinder, Plane and Pyramid,
- Added right button rotate when in transform mode
- Fixed Opaque white issues in Raytracer and Automate
- Added support for Spot Colour Images and Gradient to PDF Rendering
- Fix for IC3D no loading double-clicked file if Render Manager open.
- Fixed incorrect UV in 2D Spinner
- Fixed Scaling of normal maps
- Fix for Normal Map or Bump Textures applied to material not showing if transparency 100%
- Fix for sticky Packz selection when selected in Prefs
- Fixed sub-section offsets in Picador CF2 files
- Improvements to Bump resolution in the Ray Tracer
- Fixed template style switching not refreshing on the Mac
- Fixed Warp percent value not updating on edit in Illustrator
- Fix for shadows becoming corrupted if opacity set to max
- Added snapshot capability to Raze Raytracer window
- Added Hi-Res export will offer to match the aspect ration of the current OpenGL or Raze windows when switching between renders.
- Added a default ambient occlusion to Preferences for on/off when starting up or doing New
- Added multiple point select and deletion with DEL or BackSpace keys
- Added show and hid all windows for client render displays
- Added merging of displacement meshes to standard meshes so they can be used in shrink calculation. Warning May Slow Shrink to Label application down considerably.
- Raised number of shrink decimals if Imperial to 4 to add accuracy
- Added Triger spray bottle to model library
- Fixed label overlaps (left or Right) in Ray Tracer
- Fixed Diaper bag dimensions wrong on height change
- Added Limiter to stop upgrades being available to those no longer on maintenance
- Updated Illustrator Plugins to V5
- Updated Welcome screen
- Fixed label not regenerating when a cut-out layer data was removed
About Creative Edge Software iC3D. iC3D is the first 3D packaging design and visualisation software to offer the patented "Smart Wrap" Mapping software which allows labels and artwork to be placed accurately onto complex models without the need for tedious UVW mapping of texture coordinates. iC3D comes with a direct link into Adobe Illustrator allowing your 2D Illustrator artwork to be directly mapped onto your 3D models as base artwork or as labels. Output hi-resolution images, PDF proofs for mark-up or share your designs with colleagues and customers using the iC3D Movie exporter, which creates portable compressed movie files that can be shared or put on compliant websites.
About Creative Edge Software. Creative Edge Software is a U.S registered software development company, with UK based research and development. Their innovative patented 3D technology helps the ideation/design process in the packaging, labelling & graphics markets. It quickly enables more customers to better engage with the packaging, and greatly reduces the time to production. Their development pedigree spans 26 years creating & developing innovative software solutions for Fuji Film, Image Technologies, 3D computer games companies, leading OEMs and partners.
Product: Creative Edge Software iC3D
Version: 5.0.0 Suite
Supported Architectures: 32bit / 64bit
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even or newer
Size: 393.0 mb