Ulysses III 1.2.0 (Mac OS X) | 45MB
Ulysses III is the premier text editor for writers, meeting even the highest standards in both design and editing comfort. Its clean, modern interface lets you focus on your work, without making any functional compromises whatsoever.
The revolutionary editor, heart and soul of the application, offers the full suite of text editing options: Headlines, markers, lists and quotations, even images, annotations and footnotes are no more than a keystroke away. Even bloggers will rejoice: Code blocks and comments, links and videos are natively embedded – ne need to insert or wade through clumsy HTML.
All texts are stored in Ulysses’ library. They are automatically saved, easily found, and readily accessible. Even large projects are handled with ease, and thanks to a fully-realized iCloud integration, you can access all your texts from all connected Macs at all times.
Ulysses’ export function is similarly vast and flexible: With just a few clicks, you can turn your plain text writings into beautiful PDF documents, web pages and ebooks.
Whether you’re writing for your own enjoyment or for the world to see, whether you’re editing a blog or the Great American Novel – Ulysses III is the perfect fit for authors of all kinds.
Focus & Concentration
- Markup-based text editor
- Light and dark full screen modes
- Typewriter Scrolling
- Clean, distraction free interface
Write & Edit
- Simple markup for headlines, lists, comments, quotes, important passages and more
- Easy insertion of links, annotations and footnotes
- Drag’n’drop placement of images and videos with live preview
- Option to attach keywords, notes and images
- Smart Copy & Paste
- Search & Replace
- Spell check, grammar check, auto correction & dictionary
- Dictation & Speech support
- Writing goals (characters, words, pages etc.)
- Comprehensive text statistics
File & Organize
- A single library for all texts
- Sorting by date, characters or manually
- Groups, intelligent filters, favorites
- Full iCloud synchronization
- Automatic versioning and version control
- Import and editing of text files from external sources
- Integration of Daedalus Touch for iOS
- Global search
Export & Processing
- Export as PDF, Word, RTF, TXT, Markdown, HTML and ePub
- Live preview, send as email
- Pre-selected styles for export
- Edit and create styles via CSS, share via Ulysses Style Exchange
- Share files via Dropbox
User Interface & Navigation
- Simple, three-paned layout (library, sheet list, editor)
- Option to hide library and sheet list
- Functional markup bar (aka cheat sheet)
- Full keyboard navigation
- Easy text navigation via structure and bookmarks
- Various writing modes: light, dark, paged
- Hand picked color palettes, easy customization
What's New in Version 1.2
- Added split & merge for sheets.
- Added goals to sheets and groups.
- Added keyword editing to sheet list.
- Added options to show goal, modification date and keywords in sheet list.
- Sheets can now be sorted by date and first character(s).
- Number of preview lines in sheet column is now adjustable.
- Added sharing of styles and themes on Ulysses Style Exchange.
- Color palettes can now be created and edited within Ulysses.
- Reworked theme section of preferences.
- Added a Quick Open option for opening from the currently selected group.
- Keywords can now be added to sheets in External Sources as Mavericks tags.
- Dark sidebars can now be enabled independently of Pure Mode.
- Line highlight can now be enabled independently of Typewriter Scrolling.
- Added average words/sentence and sheet count to Statistics HUD.
- Added preview to export styles.
- Added options for disallowing orphans and widows in Ulysses Style Sheets.
- Improved print settings.
- Improved error handling for file operations.
- Allow dragging of doc/docx files directly into Ulysses.
- Fixed problem when changing case of file names in external sources.
- Fixed a crash when resuming editing of a style item.
- Fixed crash when deleting multi-stage input text in inline tags.
- Improved editor stability.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.3 or later, 64-bit processorRapidgator