Cactus 1.1.6 (Mac OS X) | 25MB
A better way to create and publish websites.
Today, we have many tools and services that help make creating and publishing websites more enjoyable and efficient. Such as template engines, CSS preprocessors, CoffeeScript, local web servers, cloud hosting and auto reloading.
Combined, they can significantly improve your workflow. But they can also be difficult to set up. Cactus wraps all of these technologies into an elegant, easy to use Mac app, helping you build better sites, faster.
Cactus uses a static site generator to generate your site to a set of flat files, and an internal web server to show you all of your changes immediately. With Cactus, you can:
- Start from scratch or use one of three beautiful templates
- Develop more efficiently with the built-in template engine.
- Instantly view changes on any device with auto reload.
- Deploy instantly to your Amazon S3 account for reliable, fast and inexpensive hosting.
- Choose any domain name and let Cactus automatically configure your name servers.
Fullly featured template engine (based on Django).
Supports SCSS, LESS and CoffeeScript.
Export your site to deploy anywhere.
Free open source terminal version.
Optional plugins to add custom functionality.
Includes a boilerplate with files such as: an error page, sitemap and robots.txt out of the box.
Automatic GZIP compression and optional asset fingerprinting on deploy.
What's New in Version 1.1.6
- Added RSS feed to Blog Template
- Added a button to empty the console
- Added an 'Open Existing' button
- Added clear button to console window
- Added Compass, Blueprint and Bourbon Support
- Added welcome page for first time users
- Added opening of sites is now in the background
- Added made with Cactus link to templates
- Bugfix: close button dissapearing
- Bugfix: SCSS files compiling starting with _
- Bugfix: impartial project exports
- Bugfix: unicode bug in project name
- Bugfix: save over existing project
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processorRapidgator