DEVONagent Pro 3.8 (Mac OS X) | 22MB
DEVONagent Pro helps you search more efficiently on the web. It searches multiple sources, frees you from hunting for the really relevant results, and gives you power tools for your research.
YOUR PERSONAL META SEARCH ENGINE
DEVONagent Pro is not a simple web search engine interface. It knows how to talk to search engines — and how to squeeze the best out of them.
DEVONagent connects to as many search engines as you want, collects the data, and weeds out the junk that managed to slip through. It also scans your favorite websites and notifies you when it finds something that matches your query. It can even do all of this while you're sleeping; the results will be ready before you pour your first cup of coffee.
GET THE GOOD STUFF, SKIP THE JUNK
DEVONagent Pro is all about filtering what you don't want and giving you the best tools to find more of what you really want.
DEVONagent Pro doesn't simply trust the search engines. It filters all returned results again, allowing you to use advanced Boolean operators, proximity operators, and wildcards of unlimited complexity — something no single search engine allows you to do. DEVONagent's "scanners" can even find e.g. thumbnail galleries or linked PDF or Office documents for you. When you've found what you're looking but want a little more detail, the unique See Also list contains related pages from elsewhere in the search results, online and even from DEVONthink Pro.
THE INFORMATION YOU WANT, THE WAY YOU WANT
View the results as a list or as a smart text summary, and explore them with the topics map. Unread results are marked with a blue dot so that you don't miss the one important piece of information you're looking for. Finally, for viewing web pages there's DEVONagent Pro's specialized web browser. Extract images, RSS feeds, links, email addresses, even linked documents and save them for reference or reuse.
The integrated DEVONagent Express menu extra adds the power of DEVONagent to your menu bar and lets you run even complex searches with a single click.
SAVE YOUR RESEARCH AND COME BACK LATER
Research is not only about finding, it's about collecting data, sharing it, and using it to create something meaningful. DEVONagent Pro exports your filtered and trimmed-to-the-max research results in a variety of formats, from a simple list of bookmarks to comprehensive RTF digests and PDF reports. The searchable archive keeps them for later reference, or you can send your results to DEVONthink. You can save your search and continue later on, or even share it with others via email.
HOW DEVONAGENT PRO CAN HELP YOUR RESEARCH
Researchers: Stay up-to-date on your subject with scheduled searches. Search through specialized online databases, scan important web sites, and get smart summaries. Extract the key facts using DEVONagent Pro's research-centric web browser.
Students/Educators: Find better course materials faster, with DEVONagent Pro weed out the chaff. Cite references for your papers and extract images and lists of links with a single click. Save interesting results in DEVONagent's archive or in DEVONthink.
Journalists: Keep an eye on as many other information sources as you like and dig deeper into the subject you are writing about. Use the smart See Also function to learn more about the article you're reading. Save a search and return to it later if you get interrupted.
Lawyers: Search LexisWeb and FindLaw efficiently with advanced Boolean operations, and use See Also to find related data with a single click. Export comprehensive reports, or save the results for future reference in DEVONagent’s archive or in DEVONthink.
What's New in Version 3.8
This update adds a new language-aware plugin for searching Amazon, makes keyword searches from the address bar language-aware, and improves the clarity of some menus and tooltips. It also introduces JSON-based plugins and accepts results from search engines in JSON format. Many plugins as well as some scanners and search sets have been updated. This update is recommended for all users.
- "Shopping > Amazon" plug-in (language-aware).
- Keywords entered in the address bar of browser windows use language-specific engines if possible.
- "Recently used" submenu for quick access to recently used plugins and search sets.
- Browser windows support FTP on OS X Mavericks.
- Support for JSON-based plugins.
- The plugin editor allows to switch between property list and JSON format (requires at least OS X Lion).
- Support for JSON queries.
- Optional "UserAgent" plugin key allows to specify the HTTP user agent.
- Menu extra shows "No results" instead of giving no feedback in case of no results.
- Expansion tooltips of menu extra results wrap too longs titles instead of truncating them.
- Recent searches appear in a submenu of the menu extra or the popup menu of search field of search windows.
- Inactive results in the menu extra are easier recognizable.
- Search results support VoiceOver.
- Plugins updated: "Apple Cocoa-Dev", "DEVONtech Forum", "Facebook Profiles", "FDA", "FindLaw", "Google Patents Search", "Google Scholar (Articles)", "Google Scholar (Legal opinions and journals)", "Gutenberg.org", "Healthfinder.gov", "Images", "Info (Images)", "Poetry", "RocketNews", "US Patent Office", "Wikipedia", "Wiktionary", "Yahoo News", and "Yandex".
- Plugin "Koders Code Search" becomes "Ohloh Code Search", "FirstGov" becomes "USA.gov".
- "Marketing" default search set updated.
- Support for Yahoo.
- Support for news feeds.
- Filtering of links to cached results and to social bookmarking and social networking sites.
- "EngineUrl", "EngineNextUrl", "KeywordsUrl", and "NextLinkName" keys of XML and JSON plugins can be suffixed with a language to use language-specific engines.
- Not all XML plugins using the "SkipsCrawling" key could be tested.
- Expansion tooltip of results.
- Issue with searching in found PDF documents.
- Obsolete plugins: Exalead, Google Government, Googlism, Scinet, Scirus, Usenet Groups, and Webshots.
- Deprecated plugin key "ReformatPreformattedText".
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or laterRapidgator