New File Here 2.0 (Mac OS X) | 5MB
New File Here adds a "New File Here" menu item to Finder's context menu, enabling you to create files easily in any location.
New File Here supports templates now! There are over 30 built-in file templates, and you can also add your own templates!
Creating a new document can be a drawn-out process sometimes. No matter what kind of document you would like to create, it usually takes ages to open the application and plough through the menus to create a new file.
New File Here saves you from the tedious steps by providing a shortcut to create files, simply right click on any folder/file and create your new file!
- Right click on any folder/file and select the "New File Here" or "Services -> New File Here" menu item to create a new file
- Over 30 built-in file templates (please enable the templates you need in the Preferences)
- Custom templates are supported, New File Here is able to create virtually any kind of document now
- You can change the file name before creating a file
- Path extension is appended automatically
- A sound is played on file creation finish
- The newly created file is revealed in the Finder
- You can chose to open the newly created file automatically by turning on the "Open file on creation finish" in the Preferences
- You can add your own templates in the Preferences
- You can customize the app behavior in the Preferences
* Built-in File Types
- Plain text document
- Rich text document
- MS Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- iWork '08 / iWork '09 (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- OpenOffice / LibreOffice documents (Text, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Drawing)
- Scripts (Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Many other kinds of documents
Note: In case that the "New File Here" menu item does not appear in the Finder context menu, please relaunch New File Here and then try again. In some OS X versions, you may need to logout and then login again to make the services being updated. Please also make sure that the "New File Here" service is enabled in "System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Services".
What's New in Version 2.0
- Support templates
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processorDownload