WiFi Explorer 1.5.3 (Mac OS X) | 3MB
Scan, find, and troubleshoot wireless networks with WiFi Explorer.
Quickly identify channel conflicts, signal overlapping or configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity and performance of your home or office wireless network.
Get an insight into the network details: name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), device manufacturer, signal strength (RSSI), noise, channel, band, security configuration, supported data rates and much more.
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface.
• Graphical visualization of the wifi environment.
• Works with 802.11a, b, g and n wireless networks.
• Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20 and 40 MHz channels.
• Signal quality estimations based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR).
• Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for easier analysis and optimization.
• Export metrics and network details to CSV file format.
• Full screen mode (10.7 or above).
• Comprehensive help.
• Runs in Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion.
LET'S MAKE IT BETTER
If you have something good to say about WiFi Explorer, please share it with others by writing a review on the Mac App Store. If you find a problem or have a concern, please visit the WiFi Explorer Support website and send me a message so we can resolve it.
What's New in Version 1.5.3
• Fixes Filter field to allow for exact matches using quotation marks (""), and to allow for multiple, simultaneous filters using ';' (colon), e.g. to filter and only display 5GHz networks containing 'school' in their SSID or vendor name use '5ghz; school'
• Fixes color assignment to ensure higher contrast colors to easily identify networks, however, the larger the number of networks, still the higher the chances of using similar colors
• Allows for columns to be added/removed by doing Ctrl+Click in the networks table's header
• Updates vendor database
• Other minor fixes
Requirements: OS X 10.6 or laterDownload