Tembo 1.7.6 (Mac OS X) | 5MB
Tembo is a desktop search tool based upon the powerful Spotlight engine. Tembo finds files, folders, mail messages, bookmarks, images and anything else on your Mac.
Tembo shows results grouped by file type. Initially the top 10 matches for each group are shown. Often enough you will find the sought for file right here.
Drill-down into a group reveals up to 2500 results alongside context-sensitive filters. These help narrow down the results list. The "Messages" group, for example, has filters on subject, sender and recipient. The "Images" group has filters for resolution and file type.
Thus Tembo is much more than a file search tool.
It works as an extension to Mail or iChat to locate messages.
As extension to Safari to search browsing history and bookmarks, …
Why use Tembo rather than Spotlight or the Finder?
* You'll be faster to find the files you are looking for
* Easy to use interface
* Grouped search results
* Up to 2500 results in each group
* Context-sensitive filters
What filters are available?
* Bookmarks: Type, URL Domain
* Documents: File Type
* Fonts: File Type
* Images: Resolution, File Type
* Messages: Subject, From, To
* Movies: File Type, Codec
* Music: Artist, File Type
* PDF Documents: Author
* Source Code: File Type
Which files can Tembo find?
Tembo is based upon the Spotlight index and engine. Tembo can find any file indexed by Spotlight.
This includes files in the Library folders. This excludes many low level system files.
* New feature: Implements a custom URL scheme for invocation from LaunchBar, Alfred, Butler, …
* Enhancement: Overall performance improvements
* Bug fix: Works around an issue where sandboxed applications occasionally failed to open files from Tembo search results
* Bug fix: Fixes the display of calendar event dates
* Bug fix: Fixes an issue where Tembo would stop reacting to preferences changes
* Bug fix: Fixes a crashing bug when using the "Open with other…" menu item
* Bug fix: Fixes a rare crashing bug upon closing a Tembo window
* Bug fix: Fixes a rare crashing bug upon returning from sleep
OS version: Mac OS X 10.6.6 or laterDownload