Stedman Electronic Medical Dictionary v7.0 | 861 Mb
Medical terminology is defined and brought to life in STEDMAN'S™ most content-rich medical dictionary ever. You can read the definition of a term, hear it pronounced, see it illustrated, and watch it in motion. In short, this CD-ROM gives you the tools you need to understand and use medical terminology correctly in all your communications, written or verbal.
Definitions, Spelling, Pronunciation, and Much More:
* More than 107,000 terms, including 5,000 new terms, are defined by the most trusted name in medical references.
* 30 appendices include cancer classification systems and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices' List of Error-Prone Abbreviations, Symbols, and Dose Designations.
* Usage notes highlight common errors of usage, spelling, and pronunciation.
* Expanded definitions of more than 130 high-profile terms deepen your understanding of their meaning and usage.
Enhanced Multimedia Features:
* Click-on audio icons displayed alongside approximately 60,000 terms let you hear correct pronunciations.
* 1,800 images, most in full color, illustrate key medical terms and concepts—you can see them in context with the definition and then copy them for documentation and presentations.
* Live-action video from Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy presents anatomy in motion.
Everything You Need, Accessible in an Instant:
* Browse the A-to-Z Index
* Refine your search using wildcards
* Bookmark sections you'll want to revisit
* Create your own customized dictionary!