3D-Coat 4.00 Beta 12 (x32/x64) | 503.2 MB
3D-Coat is the one application that has all the tools you need to take your 3D idea from a block of digital clay all the way to a production ready, fully textured organic or hard surface model.
Beta versions contain bugfixes and features for upcoming V4. Beta features intended for V4 may be enabled or disabled via Edit->Preferences->Show beta tools. Pay attention that versions from 3.7.14 it are actually V4 betas and many features that you see there are actually V4 preview. Beta features are LC tools, iconic UI, colored specular/emissive, scaled projection for photoshop, some new retopo tools, vertex voxel painting and some other, you may check it with "Show beta tools". But actually it hard to distinguish what beloongs to V3 and what to V4 because V4 is just logical evolution of V3.
- Main intension of the build is bugfixing, big amount of mantis reported problems fixed. A lot of critical problems solved. Often mentioned lags problem fixed too.
- camera position will be stored in save file, it is convenient to open file and occur in last saved camera state.
- Important change in masks painting - there is volume preserving mode that is now default. In this mode instead of just modulating effects by mask surface may be displaced in both sides - back and forward so that in average volume will be approximately preserved. It is very important if you use mask for detailing. This mode allows to avoid constant surface growing when painting.
- Models palette is now available in Retopo room to be merged directly in retopo room. Retopo layers may be dragged to that palette.
- E-mode circle/lasso/rectangle/spline etc will work closer to PS style - SPACE + LMB will move whole shape.
- Render room got improvement - prossibility to render blended states between several saved scenes. In so way short animated illustrations may be easily rendered. It was done mainly for my son's personal project, I think it will be helpful for community too. I expect to be criticized for this little animation support, but it was my personal needs, not just new feature, so I will be really sad in case of critics.
- a lot of small but important changes that I forgot to mention because stopped to tweet last couple of weeks. Seems should start it again.
Currently Andrew Shpagin is Lead Programmer and Director of the 3D-Coat project. He gained experience of creating game development tools while working on game projects at GSC Game World studio, where he occupied the position of Lead Programmer in the strategy department. Andrew has 9 projects released. Many of them are well-known and popular not only in ex-USSR, but also in Europe, North America and Japan.
Version: 4.00 beta 12
OS: Windows XP / Vista / Seven
Size: 503.2 mbDownload