QuikQuak Pitchwheel 4.20 MacOSX | 13 MB
Pitchwheel is a real-time pitch changing plug-in - it changes the pitch of a sound without changing its length. It has a large, easy to use, dial and simple parameters making it a fast and creative effect unit. It has a range of two semi-tones to two octaves, which gives you control from subtle tuning changes to wild swings of pitch. The user pointer acts as a desired pitch change, and the actual pitch is produced by smoothing and inertia controls.
Pitchwheel moves towards the desired pitch at sample accuracy, enabling nice transitions without stepping. A DJ turntable feel can be created with some play, but the difference here is that the tempo remains the same, so your track can go on without sequence timing changes.
You can of course use it static, to create odd alien sounds, and character changes. Doppler effects can be simulated easily, or just use it to alter background atmospheres in real-time to get them just right.
The stereo image is kept intact on all pitches, without movement across the channels. The buffer size parameter gives you control of the internal processing; some sounds work better on larger sizes, others, like percussion benefit from smaller buffers. All latencies are kept the same on all sizes.
• Changes the pitch but not the length of a sound.
• Large and easy to to use, ideal for experiments and live performances.
• Full range adjustments from one semitone to an octave up or down.
• Unique inertia parameters for springy vibrato effects.
• Sample accurate changes prevent stepped pitch changes.
• Phase locked for stereo sounds.
• Buffer size changes, allows quality adjustments for vocal or percussion.
• Great visual feed-back with semitone snap, and actual pitch indicator.
• Extremely low CPU.
• Additional wheel for independent timbre adjustments.
• Lockable wheels.
• Memory address limit problem fixed.
• Suppressed noise build up over time with settings for long fixed pitches or quiet dithered input.
Requirements: OS X 10.5 or laterDownload