Growl 2.0 | Mac Os X | 6.3 MB
Growl is the is ultimate notification system for the Mac. It’s the easiest way to know what is going on with other applications while you are working on something else. One day we were working with pictures in iPhoto while waiting on an important email to arrive. Every time an email came in, it interrupted our iPhoto work when we switched to Mail
So many more AWESOME features listed here.
- Personalize your notifications. Choose Growl’s presentation, look and feels.
- Keeps working even when you are not. Come back to your mac and review what happened while you were gone with Rollup.
- Easy to use Applications tab for controlling what you receive and what gets blocked.
- Speech display for hearing your notifications, great for those who are visually impaired.
- Awesome notification history, so you can see what has been going on.
- A large variety of styles come with Growl. Anything from nano which is tiny, to music video which is huge.
- Make your own Growl styles very easily with web technology to give Growl your own look and feel.
- Send Growl notifications from Cocoa, AppleScript, or over the network.
- Networking so that two or more macs can forward notifications to each other.
- Can work with the iPhone and iPad via Prowl.
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
What's New in Version 2.0
Growl 2 changes
- Adds support for OS X notification center on 10.8.
- Adds in support for Prowl and Boxcar services as action displays.
- Rollup has better idle detection.
- Growl is now sandboxed.
- The ON/OFF switch throughout Growl should be easier to understand now.
- Speech now introduces greater control.
- Separates Action displays from Visual displays.
- Music Video can now left and right justify text.
- Fixes height problems for multi line notifications in Music Video.
- Nano can now display in multiple locations, left, center and right.
- Added an SoundAction display.
- Added a way to not have any visual notifications.
- Resolves the high CPU issue.
- Resolves multiple crashes.
- Shortcuts can now be unset.Download