WiFi Scanner v1.6 Mac OS X | 1.4 MB
WiFi Scanner is an easy-to-use tool for designing, verifying, and troubleshooting WiFi coverage. The tool provides information such signal strength, noise, manufacturer name based on MAC address prefix of device (OUI), and AP channel assignments for WiFi access points. WiFi Scanner can also be used a security tool for detecting unauthorized and rogue access points.
The app includes an audio alert (beep) feature that is directly related to RSSI / access point signal strength. This feature can be used to track down devices by listening for beep frequency instead of watching app screen. WiFi Scanner is a great tool for personal use and for IT professionals.
* WiFi Scanner is an 802.11 wireless scanner and connection manager for Snow Leopard and Lion.
* It can be used for wireless site surveys, wireless discovery, and to connect to wifi networks.
* Scans 802.11 a/b/g/n
* Scans both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. See first screen shot below, Channel 11 is in 2.4 GHz band and Channel 161 is in 5 GHz band.
* Has WiFi analyzer feature for tracking signal of WiFi connection and graph over time for troubleshooting or optimizing placement of access points. See second screen shot below.
* The tool reports signal strength in dBm and shows access point BSSID/MAC addresses.
* Sort any column
* Copy/Paste rows of results into own documents
* Double click results row to view window with RSSI and graph.
* Audio beep in monitor window increases as RSSI increases for access point being tracked. This is very handy for rogue access point tracking.
* UDP listener for use with Sensor Pro remote GPS iPhone app