AWAI 2009 - FastTrack to Copywriting Success Bootcamp and Job Fair(repost) | 2.24 GB
The Best in the Business All in One Place …
and Other Copywriters You Can Relate to
During three days in November, you'll learn in the presence of world-class pros who have helped hundreds of aspiring copywriters. And also from people who hire copywriters.
Imagine meeting them all at the same event. You'll hear from experts like …
* Herschell Gordon Lewis, a true wordsmith, who explains why words either add or lose punch, and how important it is to know the difference (as he says "close works in horseshoes and hand grenades but not in copy"). He's written or co-authored more than 30 books and is considered the premier direct-response copywriter in the United States.
* Michael Masterson, a highly successful copywriter, business builder and author – and a fixture at AWAI events. Ready, Fire, Aim, the title of his most recent book, addresses the wisdom of taking action and outlines a focused strategy for guiding a small business through the four stages of entrepreneurial growth. Michael will teach you the skills you need to succeed as a freelance copywriter.
* Paul Hollingshead, who produces control after control for thrilled clients from his home in Vermont. Before he met Michael Masterson and began studying copywriting, he was a stocker in a supermarket! One of Paul's first letters netted him more than $40,000 in royalties, generating some $2 million in sales for his client. Paul is a co-founder of AWAI.
* Chris Marlow, who is a copywriter, coach, and publishing "infopreneur" specializing in helping copywriters achieve success. She'll help you discover which copywriting niche is best for you and share her secrets for landing high-quality, high-paying clients.
* Mike Palmer, head copywriter at Baltimore-based Stansberry & Assoc. Investment Research, where he has assembled and trained a team of writers that copywriting legend Paul calls "among the best in the world."
* Jennifer Stevens, who specializes in travel and investment copywriting, was for many years the editor at International Living and before that an editor at Trade & Culture magazine. Now a freelancer, Jen brings her unique perspective in editing and writing copy to help budding writers create effective, persuasive copy.
* Don Hauptman, an award-winning independent direct-response copywriter and creative consultant for more than 30 years, specializing in the marketing of information. Don may be best known for his headline "Speak Spanish [French, German, etc.] Like a Diplomat!" This ubiquitous series of ads generated revenues in the tens of millions of dollars and became an industry classic. He is the author of The Versatile Freelancer, an e-book recently published by AWAI, that shows copywriters how to diversify their careers into speaking, training, consulting, and critiquing.
* Will Newman, a trainer, mentor and copy coach as well as a writer of direct-response copy. With 10 years of experience, he specializes in writing copy for the health, real estate and computing industries. He is also the editor of AWAI's weekly e-letter, The Golden Thread.
No matter which genre you're aiming for as a writer, AWAI's FastTrack to Copywriting Success Bootcamp and Job Fair features an expert who can speak directly to your interests or concerns.
Even better, after hearing them speak, you'll have a clearer picture of what each area of copywriting involves and which ones are the best fits for you.