In this series of lessons we’ll focus on Working with Tables in InDesign.
We’ll begin by breaking down the structure of a table and learning how to navigate and select it’s different parts. Next we’ll learn how to create a table both from scratch as well as from data created in Microsoft word or excel. From there we’ll learn about headers and footers then move on to the different types of content we can place into a table. We’ll wrap things up by learning how to edit the structure of a table and how to control both the stroke and fill attributes for various parts of the table. After going through this course, you’ll have a good understanding of how to build and customize tables in InDesign.
Lesson Outline (10 lessons)
1. Introduction and project overview
2. InDesign table overview
3. Table creation basics
4. Importing tables into InDesign
5. Creating and managing headers and footers
6. Adding content to a table
7. Beginning to edit our table
8. Continuing to edit our table
9. Customizing stroke and fill attributes for our table
10. Fine tuning our table