In this course we’re going to explore at the basics of UVs in 3DS Max.
UVs and UV layouts are vital elements in creating textures for our 3d models. They allow us to tell the program how to apply the 2d images we create. Having good UVs can really make a difference in speeding up texture creation and optimizing your results.
1. Introduction and Project Overview
2. Visual Guide to UVs
3. UV Basics in 3DS Max
4. Planar and Box projections
5. Spherical and Cylindrical projections
6. Using splines to project UVs
7. Using the Unwrap UVW Modifier
8. Editing UVlayouts
9. Using multiple projections
10. Tweaking and Relaxing UVs
11. Copying and Pasting UV layouts
12. Rendering UV Templates