The ISA110 and 130 modules, created for the legendary Fort console in the 1980s, represent the epitome of Focusrite analogue audio processing, and performed a vital role in the making of literally thousands of hit records ï¿½ they still change hands for thousands today. Their new digital incarnation in the Midnight suite for AU, VST and RTAS gives them stunning new hi-def on-screen front panels so realistic youï¿½ll believe you can grab a knob with your fingers. In fact, of course, you can tweak them with a click and a drag of the mouse, or graphically edit the response curves. But whichever way you want to go, behind each exquisite graphic front-panel lies powerful DSP code that exactly models the original analogue processors that inspired the Midnight suite, with all the warmth, clarity, control and incredible sound of those original analogue designs.
A glance at those clear, clean analogue-style front panels and youï¿½ll know exactly how to use the Midnight suite. The controls are simple and intuitive. The meters are responsive and accurate. And the soundï¿½ these plug-ins sound as good as they look, putting classic Focusrite clarity and warmth under your fingertips.
Midnight EQ helps you manage problems and inspires solutions. Itï¿½s a 4-band full-parametric EQ with peaking and shelving plus low- and high-pass filters. High end control up to 15kHz ï¿½ just what you need to give a vocal that extra something. +/- 16 dB of gain in each band. Overlapping midranges with fully variable Q. Midnight EQ gives your tracks full, rich bass; a pure, open top-end; and beautiful midrange definition.
Meanwhile Midnight Compressor brings you control at your fingertips. It features compression ratios of 1.5 to infinity, adjustable attack and auto/manual release and simple, clear metering that helps you keep an eye on gain reduction, threshold and input/output levels. Input and makeup gain settings help you get the gain structure just right for perfect control. Vocals are right there, with a warmth and naturalness youï¿½ve never quite been able to reach before. Bass lines gain a solid, firm foundation that makes you think the guyï¿½s still in the room. Suddenly your tracks sit perfectly in the mix, youï¿½re on a roll and your hairï¿½s standing on end. Know the feeling? You will.
The Midnight modules deliver incredible power, flexibility and a gorgeous sound that launched a thousand hits. If youï¿½re looking to take your tracks to the next level, you need the best: in the past, maybe that step was beyond your reach. But now the power to give your productions that extra edge is within your grasp. Step into Midnight, from Focusrite. And donï¿½t look back.Midnight plug-in suite v1.2
- Introduced compatibility with OS 10.7 (Lion)
- Plugins now process audio in Presonus Studio OneBugfixes:
- Plugin settings now reloading properly in Sonar
- Activating now takes all plugins in session out of demo mode
- Fixed CPU increase when audio is stopped
- Installer no longer incorrectly reports that a newer version is available
- Plugin version and manufacturer name now reported correctly in DAWs
- Fixed "DAE Error" in Pro Tools
- Fixed GUI redraw bug in Windows XP
- High and Low Filters no longer affect frequency response of EQ plugin when set to "Off". Please note: updating to this version will affect the sound of any current EQ plugins where the High and Low Filters are sent to "Off".Known Issues:
- Only possible to use either AU or VST plugins in a single Ableton Live project (Mac only)
- Some users may experience problems unlocking plugin GUI after installing the license file. If this occurs, please try restarting your DAW or re-instantiating your plugins.