VentaFax Business v18.104.22.1681 | 9.8 MB
VentaFax is a full-featured professional fax and answering machine application. Send and receive black-and-white or color faxes, and turns your PC's fax modem into a versatile answering machine with remote control. Retrieve your fax and voice messages from any touchtone phone, plus have your e-mail messages and faxes forwarded to you as e-mail attachments
VentaFax also supports Caller ID (if available) and allows you to record a telephone conversation with a single click.The user interface is friendly and intuitive, resembling a regular fax machine with buttons and controls. It even shows you the image of a fax page travelling through this fax machine's slot as you transmit and receive faxes.Ventafax is the one of a handful of software products that supports high-speed (up to 33600 bps) V34 Fax (Super G3) protocol.
Ventafax also supports the TTS (Text-To-Speech) engines and will employ them to convert text files to speech. You can keep your announcements and outgoing voice messages as the sound (.WAV) files as well as the text files. Distinctive Ring service (if supported by your modem) is available even in Windows XP!Additional features include support for voice mailboxes, automatic voice/data/fax mode recognition and more. VentaFax is accessible from any Windows application, via a virtual printer driver.The Ventafax Business Version expands the functionality of the Home Version with fax and voice message broadcasting. Automatically send a fax or voice message to as many destinations as you like. Need even more? Multi-line Business Versions do their job using two or more (up to 32) fax modems simultaneously.
Confuguring the settings:
· Most of the settings can be set for each telephone line independently. To select the desired telephone line in the program settings window, click on the corresponding button at the bottom of the window.
The Main Application window:
· The current telephone line state is displayed in the Main Application window. To select the desired telephone line, click on the corresponding button at the bottom of the window. If you need to keep an eye on the state of all telephone lines, select the View ? All lines menu item.
Message reception and transmission:
· Automatic reception mode can be enabled independently for each telephone line. When reception and transmission are manual, the current line is used.
· The schedule created by the program is common for all the available telephone lines. Scheduled delivery mode can be enabled independently for each line. If scheduled delivery is enabled for several telephone lines, messages are sent via all of the selected lines.
· The program makes sure that no task is performed simultaneously on a number of lines. If for some reason a message was not sent, any of the free telephone lines can be used to send the message upon the next attempt. Voice messages are transmitted only via the modems that have voice functions enabled.
Telephone line deactivation:
· If you use fewer telephone lines than the program supports, lines not required can be deactivated in the Active lines list under the Miscellaneous ? VentaFax Engine tab. Deactivated telephone lines are unavailable for selection.
Renaming a telephone line:
· By default the telephone lines are named Line 1, Line 2, etc. To change a telephone line name, right-click on the telephone line selection button. In the context menu, select Rename. Type in the new name and hit Enter.
Specifying the telephony location for a telephone line:
· By default all telephone lines share the same telephony location selected in your system. However, each line may require its own telephony location when, for example, different telephone lines require different prefixes for outgoing local or long-distance calls. Such telephony locations must first be created in the system.
· To do this, click on the Edit button under the Transmission ? Dialing tab and create a new telephony location. If necessary, use the Windows Help system. After all locations have been defined you can select the one required for each telephone line from the Location list under the same tab.